Chint (BZMJ-0.4-25-3) Power Factor Capacitor/Shunt Capacitor (25 KVAR)
Product: Power factor capacitor/shunt capacitor
Rating: 25 KVAR
Voltage: AC 400 V
Ambient temperature: -25 degree to +50 degree
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Enclosure height: 220 mm
Coated metal enclosure
Convenient for mounting
Standard: IEC/EN 60831-1: 2002
- Reviews (0)
- This is a device that creates a low-resistance path for electric current, to allow it to pass around another point in the circuit.
- These Capacitor shave several uses in the electric power systems.
- They are utilized as sources of reactive power by connecting them in line-to-neutral.
- Electric utilities have also connected capacitors in series with long lines in order to reduce its impedance.
- This is particularly common in the transmission level, where the lines have length in several hundreds of kilometer.
- Shunt capacitors are usually called power factor correction capacitors, although they also serve other functions and provide multiple benefits, which will be discussed in the succeeding paragraphs.
- Also, they are used at all voltage levels from end-user utilization to extra high voltages.
- A shunt capacitor at the end of a feeder results in a gradual change in voltage along the feeder.
- Ideally, the percent voltage rise at the capacitor would be zero at no load and rise to maximum at full load.
- However, with shunt capacitors, percent voltage rise is essentially independent of load.
- Thus, automatic switching is often employed in order to deliver the desired regulation at high loads, but prevent excessive voltage at low loads.
- Moreover, capacitor switching may result in transient over-voltages inside customer facilities.
- See the dimension/size in data sheet given.